Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good Night Mr. Moon, I had an awesome weekend.

When I tuck Coco in, we usually talk about the day's events and recount the new things she learned today and point out our favorites. And as we sang lullabies tonight, she told me she likes Didi from American Idol and went on to render her own version of what's the song. And she tells me firmly: I want to be a singer when I grow up. And I gotta atdmit, Coco sings way better than I do! (i really can't sing at all!)

And as Coco starts sleeping soundly, I recount my Coco highlights of the week. I had a few of Coco antics and Coco funny moments when she started feeling better. And because of these moments, I found myself actually laughing honestly:

1. Coco learning role playing and pretending to be Jesus. Imagine her, in white pajamas, white sando, curly hair and big tummy with her Barney blanket around her waist and her arms outstretched. I found it real funny, albeit, it was a bit disrespectful in retrospect. But I don't think Jesus would mind, after all, it was not a mockery. If she wasn't the one kneeling to pray, she was Bro listening to our prayers. ")

2. Coco wrapping my towel around her and holding in her outstretched arms the latest falshlight we bought and exclaiming: Darna. Oh. Huge Pause. Superman. Then she frowns, thinks for a moment and exclaims: Ako si Dragona! (oh my, where on earth did she learn that? WHO IS DRAGONA???!)

3. At lunch, when we were still at the table discussing stuff and all, Coco went to play with her yaya. And they both started singing: Apir Tayo, Sumakit Ulo Ko.. (Sexbomb song! OMG!!! I totally wanna wring the nanny's neck)

4. This morning when I was busy working on my articles, Coco takes out her laptop and mimics my actions. She tells her favorite doll Dora, to shush, cuz she's working. I pretended to be engrossed with what I was doing, keeping one eye open and one ear alert, and I saw and heard Coco: "Busy ko Dora ha, don't disturb. Ngita ko money. Later na ta magplay." LOL

5. As I was coming out from the shower, I heard Coco barking orders at our yaya. She was giving out instructions on what to have for lunch and what medicines to give Dora. I peeked out to see Coco (to my utter amazement) in my bank's skirt uniform, my black flats, her dora sling bag and giving out orders like I do. The clincher: Dali na Inday kai late nasad ko ani. LOL Oh my Gawd, do I sound like that every freakin morning???

I know that this has got to be the best form of flattery. AND finding my little girl acting like me is downright funny. But a bit scary too. LOL wake up call for me though, sometimes, the mommy guilt takes over. I might be working too much and working too hard that I often mistake Coco's play time to be work time.

I've read somewhere that it's the single parent's syndrome. Wherein we solo parents overcompensate the other's absence by providing too much, loving too much, protecting too much, working too much.. But well, I guess too much may be better than too less.

Happy Sunday everyone, workweek starts in a few hours. Cherish the weekends with your little ones and the rest of the great family.

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!