Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thoughts from my 90 year old Grandma.

I woke up with a big bump in my forehead. Some weird dream that actually felt like it was real shook me and woke me in the middle of a real good slumber. And as usual, I woke up to old realizations and skeletons of the past.

But contrary to the usual after effects, Sunday morning was not riddled with nasty blasts from the pasts. It was a beautiful sunny one too. Early this morning Coco and I spent lounging and watching Barney, singing Mr. Sun and laughing with Dora's the Super Babies. Sometimes I feel like I'm not much older than Coco. I seem to have a crazy attachment to Barney's corny adventures. LOL

When we felt sunrise coming, we made a beeline to the kitchen and I made Banana Pancakes for breakfast. With my maple syrup running out, we settled for Sue Bee's honey and much loved strawberry preserves. And I happen to find dried apricots in our local market too.. Can you imagine the luck? Cantaloupes, papayas and some left over pizza from last night filled our morning table. And my two kids (Lola Grandma and Coco) both exclaimed: Where's my glass of milk? And our little conversations lasted well into mid morning, with me hogging cyberspace time and my lil one playing MY TURN with lola.

As I concentrated on an article, I overheard them talk and chuckled at the amazing stories they exchanged, as they sought to outdo eachother.

Coco: I like Agua.
Lola Grandma: Why do you like Aqua (from the popular primetime series)? She's almost a pushover.
Coco: Cuz she's good. BRO would be proud of her.
Lola: But if Bendita makes her away she just cries. You will just cry when someone pushes you and quarrel with you?

COCO thinks long and hard and says: NO.

Lola: okay, let's pretend I'm Bendita; "I'll get your toys Agua, I think you're not pretty."
Coco stands up and tells Lola this is her version of Agua:
"Bendita, SULOD SA CAGE, uban ila Pattie and Spots! GRRRR" (Bendita, get inside the cage with the dogs Pattie and Spots!)


OH.MY. Lola rolled off laughing. and said: That's my girl, don't ever be a pushover!

And I now understand why I was never raised to be meek. hahaha. Nuf said.

Happy Sunday my dear friends :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!