Friday, January 15, 2010

Painting Colors






**

Ciara gave Coco some crayons and coloring books a few days back. And i've spent consecutive evenings painting colors with Coco. And every night, we'd have this little conversations about Pooh, Dora, Crayons and life in between. It's funny how she managed to paint colors into our lives, in her own little ways.

Last night, she told me that it's okay to be sad sometimes. Cuz the following day you know you'd be happy. And I wonder how she knows this, and she replied knowingly, that Barney taught her that. And for that, I would love Barney to death also.

Last night, she decided to become a doctor. And took out her doctor's kit and started treating her doll Dora's fever and cough. And she told Dora: don't worry Dora, your mommy will take care of you and make the fever go away. And she looked at me and said: Just like you Mommie. You make my yayay go away. Made my heart melt.

Last night, when we decided to turn off the lights and go to sleep, she said, we should wake up early cuz Lola is still yayay and is still at the hospital. She said she misses lola and that I should buy Lola grandma a cake to make her feel better. And suddenly, I think, what will I do when my lola moves on? I decide I am not ready. and neither will my Coco be.... And as my night went with a hundred other revelations, I forced some shut eyes and refused to play the role of a drama queen. I have been just that for the longest days.

Thank you God, for rainy, cold Fridays. Hot Chocolate, Coco, Warm Blankets and some good Barney episodes. I wanna stay in for the rest of the weekend and forget about work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!