Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snail Mail Christmas Cards

Last night, christmas cards came in my mail. My little sister Corie and my cousin Ting sent the family individual Christmas cards about a month back, and last night, the big brown envelope came.

As I read mine and Coco's, I couldn't help crying. For the first time in months, I felt I really miss my little sister. God knows I do, but last night, I just felt that without her, the big partnership is just never the same.

She's my greatest ally. My best friend. I couldn't even lie to her cuz she knows me inside and out. It's funny how I forgot how beautiful it is to receive snail mails. It's not the usual hi, hello note we get in FB or emails. It was like really talking to her too. And as she said: For helping out when I'm snowed under; calling just to say hello with news you think I'd like to know.. I felt my heart heave a heavy sigh. I wish Canada is not so far away. And I miss her terribly. Makes me wanna cry again...

But ysee, dreams are what make us. We all live to chase our dreams. And as she chases hers oceans away, I know that I am right to chase mine here. One day, like we planned, we gonna make those dreams come true. And it's those promises, like the tapulan kids made, that we should remember the reasons why we've held on for so long, lest we feel like giving up.

Coco loved her dora stickers that came along in the mail. And kept "reading" the card over and over. LOL. She must have also missed her auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!