Sunday, January 3, 2010

Coco musings

I spent the day cleaning my files. Deleted old, useless documents and photographs and emptied my trash bin. My PC has been lagging like a tired old lady. SIGH. And I as I browsed through folder upon folder, I came across Coco's baby pictures and I felt mommy moment on the rise. Sniff. I KNOW.

Almost three years ago, I gave birth to a fragile little girl who weighed only 4.7lbs. Straight out from ICU, both of us fought for what and how we are today. She was sooo small then, you can't really feel her weight when you carry her. I didn't cry when I first saw her, the anesthesia got the best of me. After counting her toes and fingers, off I went to dreamland and into the recovery room.

My little Coco bear at few days old could drink only an ounce of milk, she barely cried and waited patiently for mom and nurses to attend to her.



Spent the next few weeks arranging our trip home, from M to where we are now. She never cried, never pooped to make the cabin air smell bad, never threw fits.

She instantly became my sister Corie's favorite. She loves Coco like I do, takes care of her like I do, and will defend her like everyone else in our clan would.



We spent a million days at the farm, just lounging and having fun. She learned to walk there and say her first straight sentence. She learned to laugh at the outrageous chicken dance and made red her favorite color.







Spent her first two Christmases with a lot of wishes and presents, and a lot of love. This morning, as I cooked breakfast for her, she exclaimed I'm her most favorite person in the whole world. And goes on to enumerate a long list of people and dogs. And I feel my heart beam. And I grin like crazy.

She looks up to me with that wide eyed amazement, like she's watching some spectacular firework show.



Every laughter. Every giggle- I'd always save a space in my heart.



And I know, Coco will always be my number one fan. As I will always be hers.
Always hand in hand, mommie and Coco, i definitely started my year right with her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!